Saturday, May 21, 2016

Served Up! - Just a litte treat (New DT member!)

Happy Saturday crafty friends!

So happy you're poppin' in to see what's going on today!
Maybe you noticed suring out Kit release that there was a new DT girl in town - woohoo!
The amazing Janine Langer is joining us as a scrapbooking-pro!


She has as amazing CAS style - her layouts are pure perfection and she loves to combine cute images with her photos - Perfect! She has an outstanding sense for design elements, colors and shapes - be prepared for some truly inspiring layouts!

Now it's Janine's turn - enjoy!
And don't forgive to give her the warmest welcome ever! ;)

Have a great day


__________________________


Hello everyone, this is Janine Langer and I am so excited to show you one of my projects for the first time on this blog today! :)






When I saw the Es ist serviert! / Served Up! set, I immediately fell in love with it. Those hippos are so cute, it is unbelievable. And of course I knew I had to create a layout and use them on it, or at least one of them.
I love ice cream, who doesn't? And so the subject was found very quick, as well as the color scheme as I wanted to keep it quite simple to give the hippo more space to shine.





- First I stamped the hippo on Neenah Solar White cardstock with Copic friendly ink.
- With the same ink I also stamped the ice cream on the same cardstock.
- Then I colored the hippo using my Copics. It took a while because I always start with lighter colors first and then add some layers of the darker colors to avoid getting too dark in the end.
- Now I colored the ice cream, which was done quickly.
- I fuzzy cut both of the images, leaving no white border so they would look as part of the background on the finished layout.
- Then it was time to design the layout.
- I printed a digital background paper with my journaling and title on some 8.5x11 inch cardstock.
- Then I die cut two of the biggest Stacked Pierced Ovals set to ground the photograph and to add some interest to the layout by cutting one of them up and only use parts of it on either side of the design.
- Now it was time to adhere everything by using either glue or foam tape to give it some dimension.
- To add some more color, I added two orange circle die cuts as well as some orange splatters.
- Finally I decided to stamp some of the music notes, just for fun and to finish the layout by adding some Neat & Neutral Enamel Stickers in grey.










Take a look at your everyday life. What do you love? What do you eat? All those tiny things are going to make some great memories, don't forget to write them down!

Thanks so much for your time and have a wonderful weekend! :)






Es ist serviert! Stacked Pierced Ovals Served Up!Neat & Neutral Enamel Stickers

No comments:

Post a Comment