Friday, May 6, 2016

Happy Mail for You!

Hi there!
Samantha here with you today, sharing a fun card that can be sent for any reason!


See what I mean? It would work as a birthday card, but also as a card to send to someone for no reason at all! It's perfect!
I have been trying to build up my stash of birthday cards lately, but I also want to make sure I have cards to send to people for all occasions - enter this card! Ha! 


To create this card, you'll need watercolor paper and a medium to color! 
- stamp and watercolor the snails
- once dry, spritz small water droplets on top of the images to add the worn or distressed watercolor look! 
- fussy cut and set aside to dry


- on the card front, create a watercolor using the packaging technique
    *smoosh Distress Ink pads onto a scrap piece of packaging from stamps or embellishments and mist with       water
    *press down onto card front to create the watercolor look
    *lift up packaging and set paper aside to dry
- I used Spun Sugar and Scattered Straw for my background
- once it was dry, I added some white polka dots with acrylic paint and a roller stamp!
- stamp the sentimnet and pop up the snails images



I used the mini stamp set Happy Mail and also the cute as can be Lovely Critters stamp set! 


To avoid the hassle of fussy cutting, this card could easily be a one layer! All that would change, would be to stamp the snail images onto the card front. Then use a masking solution or paper to cover the images. Add the mixed media background and when dry, remove the mask and color your snails! Perfect for mailing, too!

There's a big KIT RELEASE coming up! Be sure to stick around the Blog and Facebook group to catch sneaks, updates and ways to win! 

Thanks again for spending part of your day with me! 

  

3 comments:

  1. Adorable card and you're right it would be nice as a one layer card. TFS. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is to cute for words! Oh wait, I did post some words, didn't I? LOL I love it!

    ReplyDelete