Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Create A Smile: Guest Designer Jeanin Jügler #1

Hello everyone, I am super happy to be guest designing this month for Create A Smile! Christine is such a sweet person and always has an open ear. So thank you very much for this opportunity.







I wanted to create a card using the hippo from the Served up/Es ist serviert stamp set. I knew I wanted him to serve a cup of coffee but wanted to take it to the next level. I don't own the Coffee First stamp set by Create A Smile so I looked through my other sets and found this huge coffee cup from the Doctor's Helper set.

 


  • I stamped the hippo on mix media cardstock with water-resistant ink to be able to color him with watercolor marker.
  • Using the same black ink, I also stamped the huge coffee cup from Doctor's Helpers trying to position him correctly on the tray. I didn't stamp the complete handle of the cup because it was originally held by another critter.
  • Then I colored the image with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers. I layed down the color on the paper first and used a brush and water to blend it. After the color was dry I used a black marker to complete the handle of the cup.
    I used the following colors: hippo - 95 Dark Gray and 72 Beige for his ears, bow-tie/cloth/cup - 32 Persian Blue
  • To ground the hippo, I die cut a scalloped circle from Kraft cardstock. I think Kraft works nicely with the persian blue and the gray.
  • I also needed a sentiment that refered to coffee. Again, I looked through my stash and found the Gut geplant planner stamp set from Create A Smile. This set has different smaller words and phrases and I found the perfect one for this card: "Bester Moment des Tages: Kaffee" (English: Best moment of the day: Coffee).
  • I stamped the sentiment with white pigment ink on black cardstock.
  • After the ink was dry, I cut the cardstock down to a strip and cut a fish tail on the right side. 
  • To assemble the card I adhered down the circle and sentiment strip and placed the hippo on the circle using 3D foam squares. 
  • For a final touch I included some of the Fruitalicious Enamel Stickers. The blue stickers matched the persian blue perfectly. I used the smaller and bigger round pieces and adhered them to the bottom left and upper right corner. Then I also used one of the tear drop shaped stickers and placed it on the left side of the hippo's head to look like a drop of sweat (because of the huge cup)





Take a look through your stash and see what accessories have been included in other sets to help you set the scene. The same holds true for sentiments.
 





1 comment: