Hello everyone, I am super happy to be guest designing this month for Create A Smile! Christine is such a sweet person and always has an open ear. So thank you very much for this opportunity.
I wanted to create a card using the hippo from the Served up/Es ist serviert stamp set. I knew I wanted him to serve a cup of coffee but wanted to take it to the next level. I don't own the Coffee First stamp set by Create A Smile so I looked through my other sets and found this huge coffee cup from the Doctor's Helper set.
- I stamped the hippo on mix media cardstock with water-resistant ink to be able to color him with watercolor marker.
- Using the same black ink, I also stamped the huge coffee cup from Doctor's Helpers trying to position him correctly on the tray. I didn't stamp the complete handle of the cup because it was originally held by another critter.
- Then I colored the image with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers. I layed down the color on the paper first and used a brush and water to blend it. After the color was dry I used a black marker to complete the handle of the cup.
I used the following colors: hippo - 95 Dark Gray and 72 Beige for his ears, bow-tie/cloth/cup - 32 Persian Blue
- To ground the hippo, I die cut a scalloped circle from Kraft cardstock. I think Kraft works nicely with the persian blue and the gray.
- I also needed a sentiment that refered to coffee. Again, I looked through my stash and found the Gut geplant planner stamp set from Create A Smile. This set has different smaller words and phrases and I found the perfect one for this card: "Bester Moment des Tages: Kaffee" (English: Best moment of the day: Coffee).
- I stamped the sentiment with white pigment ink on black cardstock.
- After the ink was dry, I cut the cardstock down to a strip and cut a fish tail on the right side.
- To assemble the card I adhered down the circle and sentiment strip and placed the hippo on the circle using 3D foam squares.
- For a final touch I included some of the Fruitalicious Enamel Stickers. The blue stickers matched the persian blue perfectly. I used the smaller and bigger round pieces and adhered them to the bottom left and upper right corner. Then I also used one of the tear drop shaped stickers and placed it on the left side of the hippo's head to look like a drop of sweat (because of the huge cup)
Take a look through your stash and see what accessories have been included in other sets to help you set the scene. The same holds true for sentiments.
LOL, this is SO SWEET! Great job!ReplyDelete