Friday, May 20, 2016

Sending Crokisses

Hello!
Samantha with you today, and I'm sharing a bright and bold card on this wonderful Friday!


     

To be honest, I'm in LOVE with this stamp set! LOVE it! But try as I might to color as amazingly as Kelly (see this post here to be inspired!) does...alas, it was not meant to me! Ha! I tried about 6 different flowers before I finally swept them aside and went in a new direction! But something I can do, is make a background - so I used the background to still make the flowers pop!


Let's make this card!

- create a circle stencil (I die cut a circle and then used the negative part as a stencil)
- using your favorite Distress Inks, blend together your background! (I used Fossilized Amber, Carved Pumpkin and Abandoned Coral!)
- once it's all blended together to your liking, drop some water on it and set aside to dry


- stamp and fussy cut your flowers! (I used the boldest black I had!)
- arrange your flowers and pop one up for dimension
- stamp your sentiment and attach to the card base
- for a final touch glitter your little heart out over the flowers!


See? No coloring on the flowers themselves, but I think the card still has a big impact! It's a perfect way to use the beautiful images, even if you're still working on your coloring skills!


I used the beautiful, gorgeous and lovely Crokisses stamp set!

    

Did you get your hands on one of the Beach Party kits released last week? There are still some available, so be sure to grab yours before they're gone forever!!

Thanks again for hanging out with me today!

5 comments: