Sunday, May 1, 2016

Creative Stamping, Perhaps?

Hi Everyone! A month break from crafting has made me a bit rusty. I've finally migrated to Germany! :) Still getting used to the idea but getting there. Anyways, I'm just really happy to be crafting again and sharing my projects with you. Today, I would like to share a way to "edit" your stamp. 





A good tip I learn while doing this sort of stamping method is that try it on a regular typing paper first if you're doing it for the first time. It helps and avoid wasting your precious cardstock :) And always make sure your fingers stays clean from the black it. I'm always having this issue -.- Somehow black ink finds it's way to my fingers no matter how careful I try to be. 

The image that you want to have it on the front, has to be the one that you stamp first. And I wanted a second stamp behind it but the image was a bit larger so I had to extend the height of the shelter. To do this, I masked off the top part (the shelter) and a bit of the two bars and stamp the rest of the image as usual. Remember to take off the tape before stamping! 


This is how it should look like when you masked off the top part. 


Next, I masked off the bottom area and the hippo and only inked up what I had masked off earlier and  carefully stamp it so that the bar would look kind of straight. Lol, it's a bit slanted :D As you can see below, it's a bit taller than the original.


More masking! I used pieces of post it to masked of the area where I will stamp the next hippo so that it won't overlap. 


Once, all the stamping is over, I took my Copics and colour :) Added the sentiments and ta-da! Hope you like it and let me know if you have any questions / comments!

All Create A Smile products : 

Non-Create A Smile Products : 
Copics
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink

Follow Create A Smile on Facebook keep yourself updates on all the happenings and if you're an Instagram addict like I am, you can follow Create A Smile using this name : @createasmilestamps ! :)

Thanks for stopping by,


3 comments:

  1. Hi Marina
    Cuteee card
    And woohooo you move to Germany...then we should meet ...I life in Munich..which part do you stay now...
    Grat coloring Marina

    Hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable card! I love it and I love the colors you used. I also love how you explained masking. I've never done it before but now I could try it because of how you explained it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card...love all those incredible colors.

    ReplyDelete