Sunday, May 8, 2016

Can't Get Enough of Masking!

Hi Everyone! Happy Mothers' Day to all mothers out there! :) 

As much as I love adding dimensional stickers to my images to have it overlap images and overall, looking more fun and interesting, I do enjoy the planning and carefully stamping all images in one flat layer. Also, I find that masking technique also kind of helps you save some money on buying truck loads of dimensional stickers.

This might not be new to some of you but I would like to share more masking ideas and tips along the way. I hope you'll enjoy today's card and I would like to see what you've come up with.








I am a clumsy crafter. Almost all the time, I managed to ruin my project mid-way or when it's almost done, so eventhough, I usually create a card with spontaneous ideas, in this case I've made a plan on where I want the flowers and leaves to be. 

But first, let's cut the paper. I wanted to die-cut the border using Pretty Pink Posh's Stitched Dies but my new die-cut machine isn't wide enough so I traced the die on my panel and just hand cut it. If anyone has any tips on how I can use border dies on my cardbase using cuttlebug, that would be awesome!



Time to start stamping and masking! General rule for masking is : The image that you want to have it on the front, has to be the one that you stamp first. I want all the flowers to be on top of the leaves, so they get stamped first. I stamped it again on a thin typing paper and carefully cut it out and use a temporary adhesive. I've also made a mask for my leaves :)


This is how it looks after being stamped. It looks a bit chaotic but take your time to colour and it will come out great! I used Antique Linen Distress ink to stamp the images and Prime Watercolour to colour in the images. Since I'm watercolour, I coloured all the flowers first. This allows the flowers to dry before I start colouring the leaves. 


To add something that would pop out of the images, I used a White Gel Pen to add some dots to the flowers. 

All Create A Smile products : 

Non-Create A Smile Products : 

Follow Create A Smile on Facebook keep yourself updates on all the happenings and if you're an Instagram addict like I am, you can follow Create A Smile using this name : @createasmilestamps ! :)

Thanks for stopping by,


4 comments:

  1. What a pretty card! I love the colors and your technique is amazing! I've never done that before, masking that is. The only masking I've ever done is with my costume at Halloween! LOL I'm going to save this one and try what you said. Thanks for the info on how to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....this is so beautiful, love those sweet flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its Amazing ! Loved the coloring and masking !

    ReplyDelete
  4. wunderschön!
    schade das alle Erklärungen nur in englisch sind

    LG
    Elma

    ReplyDelete