Samantha here, and today I'm sharing a cute, super fun, encouragement card!
I am in LOOOOOOOVE with those bug images!! I think they're the CUTEST things ever! And I really wanted to explore a little about stretching the images! This time, I used the little banner sentiment for them to sit on, instead of the branch!
Let's make this card together!
- I started by stamping and coloring the images with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers!
- once they were all dry, I added some details with a white gel pen, and then fussy cut them out
- I used Chipped Sapphire, Mermaid Lagoon and Peacock Feathers Distress Inks to create the background.
- Then I splattered some water, and ink onto the background to give it some texture and the feel of 'stars'
- Next, I heat embossed the large, scripty phrase in white onto some vellum, and then fussy cut it out
- I added it to the background with foam tape! I also added foam tape to the banner phrase and the bugs!
- The clouds were adhered directly to the background
- and something you can't really see, the top part of the card is actually 3/4 inch shorter than the back of the card! The stripes are on the INSIDE of the card! such a fun little detail!
I love the look of the big scripty words heat embossed on vellum, and then fussy cut out! It allows me to pop it up, even though adding the foam tape can be quite time consuming! Ha!
If you prefer, stamp that large phrase directly on your card front!!
I used three different sets for this card! I could use those cute bugs from Best Bugs every day - they're ADORABLE! Those cute clouds in the background are from the Paw Prints stamp set. And the sentiment is from the Don't Worry stamp set!
There is ALWAYS a fun challenge going on in the Create a Smile Stamp Facebook group page! It's fun and filled with prizes! I love seeing all of the incredible, unique and amazing inspiration!