Saturday, September 14, 2019

Winter Wishes

Hi there, Nicole here, with a cozy little christmassy card for you.





I'm slowly thinking about making christmas cards but at the same time I'm not really in the mood for santa and christmas trees. So what I do is, I use unusual colors and stamps that can be used for christmas but also for other occasions, like... they don't scream christmas to me.



For this card, a stamping tool like the MISTI comes in super handy. I used the stamp with the graphic design that looks like knitting and stamped it repeatedly, three times to be exact. The pattern has some blank spaces and an additional small stamp to fill them. So I took a small acrylic block and stamped the little shape in some of the gaps with another color.

Next, I stamped the bird with water resistant ink and colored it with Faber Castel Watercolor Markers. I cut him out and adhered him to my panel using foam tape. I filled the other gaps of the knitted pattern with white sequins and stamped my sentiment with a crisp black ink. To finish up my card, I added some glitter on the star using Wink of Stella.

This is a clean and simple card that you can use for fall, winter or christmas. It has a cozy feel to it and a little sparkle too because of the star.





If you are like me and want to start early with your christmas card making but you're not into santa and christmas trees yet, go through your stash and look for other stamps and dies that can be used for christmas cards and use them with a non traditional color combo.


Aus meinem Nest (also available in English "From my Nest")


Mix & Match Patterns




We always love to see what you create! Join our fun challenges and show us your creations.

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a wonderful day,
Nicole




No comments:

Post a Comment