Samantha here, and today I am sharing a card that is sure to make you wish summer was here!
Do you love it? Ha! It's super summery, and super fun! I was inspired but the stickers in the Dear Lizzy It's All Good collection!
Let's make this card together!
- add watercolors to white cardstock and set aside to dry (I used some Ken Oliver Color Bursts in Purple, Pink and Yellow)
- once dry, heat emboss in white and fussy cut
- die cut the cone, and then back with some brown watercolored cardstock
- once dry, attach the cone to the brown backing!
- use Mustard Seed and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide Inks to add color to the card front
- use whet embossing paste with the stencil to create the rays
- attach the flower images on top of the cone, and add to the card with foam tape
- heat emboss the scripty sentiment on vellum, and fussy cut out
- heat emboss the rest of the sentiment in white, onto a banner of black cardstock
- attach to the card with foam tape, and then sprinkle on some dew drops!
This card would be so fun, if it was done with various patterned papers, too! You could heat emboss the flowers with patterned papers, as well as use papers behind the cone!
I just love that Focal Point Stencil, it really helps draw your eye to the card! The flowers are from the Magic Flowers stamp set! The sentiment was created by combing the Clear Lettering Alphas and the Just Saying Hello stamp sets! I also used the 'cone' from the Cool Cuts Soft Serve die!
There is ALWAYS a fun challenge going on in the Create a Smile Stamp Facebook group page! It's fun and filled with prizes! I love seeing all of the incredible, unique and amazing inspiration!