Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Surf's Up!

Hello all! Keeway here. I just can't get over this incredibly adorable little rhino in the Beach Party Kit. This kit is so fun to craft with because everything is already matching and all you have to do is put it all together. It's kit exclusive, and limited until sold out, so be sure to grab it while it's still available!






My inspiration spawned from the stencil in the kit. I really loved the wave pattern and I knew immediately I wanted to use some embossing paste with it to create the waves.





I started by adding a variety of blues and greens with watercolor, let it dry, and then covered the area with embossing paste over the wave stencil.

I then created the surfboard by using one of the zig zag pattern papers in the kit by diecutting a large circle twice to create the surfboard shape. I added a little detail with my white gel pen. I stamped the rhino on watercolor paper and colored it with zig clean color brush markers.


I used the alphabet stickers for my sentiment. I stuck my alphabet stickers on vellum and then fussy cut it out. And lastly, I added a strip of another pattern paper on the left side for a little more interest.

By sticking the alphabet stickers on acetate, I was able to move my sentiment around before I decided on placement. You can also lay your acetate on top of a lined surface to help you with alignment.

Beach Party Kit

4 comments:

  1. Supe duper cute!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO fun!! I love that rainbow shirt and those fabulous waves!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is my kind of card because you used my favorite color, yellow. What a really fun card! I can't swim very well but surfing always looked like fun.

    ReplyDelete