Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Create A Smile: Guest Designer Jeanin Jügler #2

Hello everyone, I am back with my second project as a guest designer for Create A Smile.



I love creating shaker cards and since I just got my Beach Party Kit I wanted to create a shaker card with the adorable rhino. I also got some CarbOthello pastel pencils which I've never used before. So for this card I finally tried them and I think they are fantastic.




  • I stamped the rhino and some accessories on Kraft card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • To color in the image, I started off with the lightest color and then laid down the darker shades. Coming back with the lighter color I tried to blend both colors together
  • To create the sand I also applied the pigments using a dot technique, trying to mimic the grains of sand
  • Then I cut out a frame from the same Kraft card stock
  • Before I adhered a piece of acetate behind the frame, I took my previously colored beach scene that I cut out and adhered it to the frame
  • For the shaker part of the card I used a piece of mix media card stock, applied Salty Ocean Distress ink and spritzed it with water
  • To assemble my card, I used a few layers of foam tape behind my frame to give the shaker material enough room to move around (I used a mix of blue and violet sequins)
  • I adhered the complete shaker window to a top-folded white notecard
  • For a final touch I also wanted to include a sentiment and found the perfect one in the "Viele Grüße" stamp set
  • I stamped the sentiment with VersaMark ink on black card stock and embossed it with white embossing powder
  • I die cut the sentiment using a banner die and adhered it to the right top corner with a bit of foam tape


Thank you very much for stopping by and I really hope you enjoyed this card.


1 comment:

  1. Oh My Gosh !! I love this shaker card. Very cute little rino :) :)

    ReplyDelete