Saturday, May 7, 2016

Thanks with Krokisses

Hey stampers, Anni here! Summer is finally here in Germany and I am so happy!
Today's card is featuring the set Crokisses/Kroküsse and the fabulous Thanks Twice die.






I really love, I mean LOVE the set Crokisses/Kroküsse. But I haven't used it yet. With all these beauties popping up that were made with this set I was kind of intimidated to use it. And crocuses are violet - not my favorite color. But Christine suggested to go with pink and I added some yellow and that was my starting point.




  • Stamp and heat emboss the flowers in white on watercolor cardstock and color them with watercolors. Fuzzy cut them.
  • Die cut thanks from black cardstock.
  • Cut a stripe from the card base and adhere a piece of patterned paper (SPOILER ALARM: This is a piece of the patterned paper from the kit Beach Party that will be released next week.)
  • Add some dimensional adhesive to the middle of the Thanks die cut. This way you can slide the flowers under the Thanks.
  • Assemble the card and add a very narrow stripe of black paper between the white cardstock and the patterned paper.

  • Forcoloring the flowers I add plain water to the petals. Then I drop just a tiny bit of pink on one end and a tiny bit of yellow on the other end. That is all I do and let the work do the work. The colors mix up naturally and create an effect I could never achieve with a paintbrush.
  • When I assembled the card I tried to arrange the flowers as if they are coming from the upper left corner and flying to the bottom right corner.
  • The stripe of patterned paper and of black cardstock add the litlle something to make the card more intresting.


Next Saturday is the release of another FABULOUS Create a Smile Kit you wouldn't want to miss. The last kits sold out in one or two days so be sure to be fast!



      

8 comments:

  1. LOVE it..so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great technique for your flower coloring Anika...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! I love the coloring on flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes me want to go to the beach. It's such a versatile kit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makes me want to go to the beach. It's such a versatile kit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved all the cards. I live near the beach, gave me some great ideas for card making.

    ReplyDelete