Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Aloha Again!

Aloha friends! Keeway here. Did you know that the palm tree die cut in the Beach Party Kit is designed so that you can use it as both a palm tree and a flower? That's got to be the coolest die I've ever seen! And not to mention, there's so many ways to use the die that today I'm going to share with you another idea of how you can use it.





My inspiration spawned from the versatility of the palm tree die cut in the kit. I wanted to use it without the borders in the die cut, so that I can bend and play with the shape of my palm tree as how I see fit to build by beachy card.





I started by die cutting the palm tree out twice from white card stock, and colored it in with copic markers. I tossed out the outline parts, so that I can build my tree without any directional restriction. Now I could have one straight and one bending to the side when I piece the trees back together like legos.

Last but not least, I added coconuts to my palm tree by using a 3/8" circle punch. I copic colored them and added details with a white gel pen.


I blended some warm colors (pink and orange) onto my card base with the waves stencil in the kit to create some soft pattern interest. I also die cut an inverted scallop oval frame to bring my entire scene together. I adhered all the parts directly onto the card base.





Keep your die cut pieces together with some post-it tape to hold everything in place while you color. It will make coloring a lot easier, and when you're done, you can simply remove the post it tape and toss the outline parts away.







Create-A-Smile Products:




There's only a few beach party kits left, and the stamps, dies, and stencil is exclusive to this limited kit. Once it's sold out, it's gone and never coming back!

Thanks for dropping by,
Keeway


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this card!! Those coconut palm trees look AMAZING!! Such a great card design!!

    ReplyDelete