Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Let's Party!

Hello Crafters!

It's Kelly here and today I'm sharing a soft and simple birthday card using several of our sets to make the card my own.



I wanted to create a soft birthday card for my niece's birthday. She isn't into anything super girly so I toned the pink down with lots of neutrals. 

I started by using my stencil on the card base and lightly rubbing on some spun sugar distress ink. I knew the images I wanted to use were on the small side so I gathered them together on a tag to give my focal point a little more weight. For my ice cream I wanted it to be just a bowl not the whole scale so I trimmed just the part I wanted. I did the same thing for the present. It's actually just the top of the box from Penguin Party :) For my balloons I did actually have to mask but since they are such simple shapes it's a pretty easy cut out. I colored all my images with copics and then fussy cut them out. I stamped my sentiment and then adhered my pieces. The ice cream and present got some added detail with a white gel pen while the balloons were smothered in glossy accents. Some grey twine tied it all together. 

Don;t be afraid to only use pieces of your stamped images. It can give you a completely different look and really stretch your stash. Also, even small images can be focal points on a card. Don't discount the little guys!!

Thanks for visiting!

XoXo
Kelly

Supplies:

Penguin Party

Monster Party

Balance
Swirly Stencil



8 comments:

  1. I love the colours!!!! wonderfull card!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! I love the colours and you have amazing vision to use little parts of stamps to create something different. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love how you looked at the stamps in a different way to stretch them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super cute card. Love they way you have stretched your stamps... So fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a nice card, i like the swirly stencil in combination with the tag and the other stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card Kelly ..Absolutely love the soft colors and the stencilled background you have created.

    ReplyDelete