Wednesday, January 14, 2015

January Guest Designer: Vanessa Menhorn - Part 1


Hello crafty peeps!

it's time for a new guest designer and we have a ROCK STAR guest this month and I am sure many of you already know her (I think she's one of the most popular German crafters who are known all around the globe): 




Vanessa is a genius in creating clean and simple cards -  am just wowed by her design skills - so make sure to check out her blog to find all of her amazing work!

Here's Vanessa's inspiration for you:

.......


Hi everybody!

I am honored to be Christine's Guest Designer this month! I am almost 37 years old, married and Mom to a sweet girl. We are living in the south of Germany with our crazy cat. I've been stamping and cardmaking for about 6 years now and loved every second of it! I hope to inspire you with my projects this month!

Here comes my first card:







That bird image is hilarious! I immediately thought of it having a bad-hair-day. So I made it look like it had a visit at a "hair"dresser gone terribly wrong.



1. Make card from cardstock
2. Trim a panel of watercolor paper slightly smaller than the cardbase
3. Ink the panel using a mini ink blending tool and adhere panel to card
4. Stamp bird image onto white cardstock and color with Copics
5. Fussy-cut bird and adhere to card with foam tape
6. Color the wood veneer speech bubble with a black marker and adhere to card



I like to use watercolor paper when I do ink blending. The colors blend more smoothly. Start applying ink to one edge of the panel doing circular motions and work towards the other edge, applying less and less ink. 
To color my bird, I used quick, short motions and kind of flicked the markers when applying the color.


....


Haha, this card is so much fun, isn't it? I never ever colored any image hat colorful - I might have to try!
Tanks Vanessa, for sharing this with us - you rock!








6 comments:

  1. So FUN!! Bad-Hair-Day -What a great idea! Love it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute. Love his bad hair day and the wood veneer 'oh!'. Just wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Vanessa...what a CUTE card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...what a cute card. Oh good to know that she is from south part of Germany . I also stay in south Germany.
    Liebe Grüße
    Archana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great idea and such a cute card LOVE, LOVE it. So happy to have you as a guest designer this month.

    ReplyDelete