Sunday, January 25, 2015

Background stamp & Embossing on Washi Tape

Hi everyone! How are you? Last week, I shared two different card using the same pieces of paper and stamps. Today, I'm going to focus on a the power of background stamp and another way to utilize your washi tape. Remember, all these items can easily be found at the store.

Feast your eyes on my card for today and I will, then, proceed to share you more tips as you scroll down my post :)





I chose to make this card because I wanted to share with you how awesome it is to have background stamp and to share with you just another way to make use of your washi tape.




I started by heat embossing the Arrows background stamp on a watercolour paper with gold embossing ink. I chose gold because I knew that I wanted my sentiment to be embossed in white and I wanted to make sure that it could stand out.


I made a wash of colour using the Evergreen Bough distress ink as I thought it would match the washi tape I chose to use. I did not want to use it as an entire background of a card, so I made a tag out of it. See how easy it is to have a complete tag just like that? :) You can make a bunch of these in many colours. 


I then tore the washi tape and layered them towards the bottom of the tag until it has enough space for me to stamp my sentiment. To be honest with you, there's not even any special trick to embossing on washi tape. :) Do it like how you would on a paper. Just remember not to heat your washi tape too long. 


I hope you will try and find more than just the traditional way of using your washi tape (or any craft supplies). 




Don't be afraid to use a different embossing colour for your background other than white/clear and always try and use watercolour paper when you know that you will need to do a big wash of colour. This allows a nice flow of colour.

    

         


Follow Create A Smile on Facebook keep yourself updates on all the happenings and if you're an Instagram addict like I am, you can follow Create A Smile using this name : @createasmilestamps ! :)

Thanks for stopping by,
Marina

1 comment: