Friday, January 23, 2015

It's Scary without Coffee!

Hi there!
Samantha here, and today I'm sharing a fun card, that will hopefully make you chuckle...and we can even probably all relate! Ha!

I know, for me, by the end of the week, I'm SPENT and ready for the weekend, and that my friends, was my inspiration - my, very tired, self! lol! :D



Ha ha! Can any of you relate?! I really wanted to create a card with lots of layers and texture to create a sort of 'chaotic' background, to add to the exhaustion this poor little bird feels! So I used some embossing paste and stencil, mist drops, and random stitching with my sewing machine!


To create the card, I added the embossing paste over the stencil and set it aside to dry. Then, I stamped that CUTE bird and coffee cup, colored them with copics and fussy cut them out!

I stamped the sentiment onto a scrap white piece of cardstock, and then layered it over some cork paper (hello again, texture!) and other coordinating papers!


Once the embossing paste was dry, I adhered the sentiment and then used my sewing machine to stitch over a few areas of the sentiment and bottom of the card. The bird and coffee cup were popped up and then finally I splattered some black mist droplets - dangerous, I know, to do once the card 'was finished', but that's how I roll - on the WILD side! :D


I used two stamp sets for this card, the bird and part of the sentiment are from Bad Day (LOVE that set) and the cup and other part of the sentiment are from the Monster Party stamp set! Perfect combination, right?
The stencil I used, is my personal favorite - the Skinny Chevron stencil!


I used lots of neutrals and only a pop of red here and there, to create an almost 'masculine' card. Though, I think this would be fun for anyone, don't you?
All you had to do is change up the color pallet (maybe bright pinks and greys?), and perhaps a doily instead of the cork, and it's an instant feminine card!


Have you created projects with any Create a Smile products? Show us!!!! We WANT to see! You can link up on the side bar here, in our Flickr group or on our Facebook page! We LOVE seeing your creations!

Thanks again for stopping by!


4 comments:

  1. Oh I love how you combined these sets, fabulous card design. I can so relate. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Yes!! Coffee is part of my life! I love your adorable card!!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete