Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Hello: Single Layer Shaker Card

Hello! It's Stephanie here with a card and video featuring the Create a Smile Your View stamp set. This is one of my favourite stamp sets because it has so many possibilities. You can go simple, like I did with my card, or really dress it up with all of the fun elements! ;)



I wanted to create a card with a shaker element, but I didn't want to have a lot of bulk. To get around that, I sandwiched the sequins in between an acetate piece and the background paper, without using foam adhesive in between. This prevents the sequins from moving around as much, but still offers the interactive shaker element.


This card design is super simple to create. I stamped the window and cut out the center area with a craft knife. I then added the acetate piece and the snowman that I coloured with Copic markers and cut out. The background was adhered to the acetate piece with the sequins in the middle.

You can see how I created the card in the video below:




The easiest way to cut out the center area of the window stamp (if you want it to have an opening) is to use a flat edge ruler and a craft knife. Lay the ruler along the inner edge of each side of the window and cut straight down with the craft knife.



Stamps:

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock: Neenah Solar White Cardstock
Glitter Paper: DCWV
Dies: Mama Elephant Femme Frames
Sequins: Pretty Pink Posh, Simon Says Stamp


There is a link-up tool in the sidebar (----->) that you can add your projects to using Create a Smile products! We can't wait to see what everyone is creating!

2 comments: