Monday, January 19, 2015

Altering project..........

Hi, it's Anja again, I hope you all had a great weekend and are ready for another creative, inspiring new week.
If you have read all the previous posts you know by now that we are really excited about all the new products we have in store.
So for my post today I would like to do something different with the new papers and the stamps.










I don't know about you, but when I started scrapbooking and making cards a whole new world showed. Suddenly I got awesome ideas and every day I was either creating or thinking about   creating. I could use everything, every box, package, ribbon you name it. I loved to alter those items into something wonderful.
So for today I would like to show you how I altered a little giftbox, simply by using some of the new papers and stamps.




It's all about measuring and cutting the papers so they cover the little box.
To cover up the edges I used some washi-tape.
Now I had to dress up the cover with some left-overs from the paper and some stamps.
The paper is very smooth but you can easily stamp on it. To give the flag some more interest I colored it with copics.
Ofcourse I also had to alter the inside of the box.


Those monsters match perfect with the papers don't they? And what do you think of those great flairs?
So to finish up your project you can place all kinds of giftcards in this little box and make it a pretty gift don't you agree?





Stamps;



Paper;




Treats;



Ink; memento tuxedo black.
Coloring; copics.
Lil'inkers designs circle die and a black fineliner.



You can use the washi-tape to give your project some extra interest. In this example you can combine the edges and make it stronger.
Don't throw packages or little boxes away look at them to see if you can alter them in some way and re-use them to make another gift.
Try to stamp directly on the papers and although you can't blend your colors as easy as you do on copic friendly paper it works good enough to achieve some dimension and/ or shading.



Did you see you can link up your projects? Please use the linky tool on the sidebar we would love to see the projects you make using our products.

Have a great week, Anja



5 comments:

  1. Great idea. I am in love with your new papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute and way to repurpose the box!! :D
    (and yes, Me too on the everything being fair game to alter! LOL if it's not moving it will get altered (I have even altered moving stuff so I guess EVERYTHING IS fair game!)

    ReplyDelete