Saturday, January 24, 2015

Wishing You Sunshine

Hey, stampers, Anni here!
Hope you are well where ever you are and having a great weekend.
Here is today's card:






I don't know about you but days are grey overhere in Germany at the moment. So I knew I wanted to make a sunny card. The new patterned papers from Create a Smile are just perfect for that theme with all its sunny warm colors mixed with some fresh aqua and turquoise tones. And the new washi tapes go perfectly with them!




  • Color and fuzzy cut the fox.
  • Paper piece the umbrella and the towel.
  • Die cut a piece of cardstock and add some washi tape to create a "ground" for the fox.
  • Stamp the sentiment.
  • Assemble the card.
  • Add some enamel dots.




  • I have to be honest: The cute little fox from the set Friends in the Woods is still one of my favorite stamps! I used him a lot so I wanted to dress him up a little to get a different look! I went through my dies and found these cute sun glasses that fit perfectly. So think about combining stamps and dies!
  • The patterned paper from Create a Smile is perfect for paper piecing. It is sturdy and very smooth. Some of the colors have a glossy finish (which I love very much) but I was sceptical at first how the stamping will work out. But let me tell you it goes very well and I am very impressed by the quality of the paper. The pattern on the backsides of the papers are very subtle. I like that for paper piecing small areas!
  • Tear the washi tape to get an intresting edge!
  • Don't forget to use a black pen on the edges of your fuzzy cut pieces to make it look perfect cut.






        
    


Is your creating influenced by the weather? Sunny cards in the winter and cool, fresh cards in the summer? Tell me! I would love to here!

7 comments:

  1. SUPER CUTE!!!!!!
    Love it so much fun..love the colors!
    We could use some sun here too in the Netherlands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute!!
    Pouring rain in Canada too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!! Simply amazing!!! I love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute and fun!!! LOVE, LOVE the added sunglasses!!! Really makes the card extra cute!!! GREAT job! Nice spring/summer colors to pick up spirits on these gloomy days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fox with sunglasses - absolutely hilarious!

    ReplyDelete