Monday, December 29, 2014

Video Team Announcement - Part 4

Hi there!

We're here to announce the 4th Video Team Member who will bring inspirational videos to you before this year is over.



Remember: We will have 4 different designers who each make one video a month. This way you get to see different styles and different types of crafters. You can find the videos here on wednesdays.
We already got to know

Stephanie Klauck
Francine Vuillème
Michelle Short


I guess some of you already know number 4, she's super talented, has been on quite a few designs team and we're happy and proud to have her :)


Give a warm welcome to: Nicole Picadura!!!




Just like the other girls Nicole answered our interview questions so we can get to know her a bit :)

Name, Age, Location:
Nicole
31
California, USA


Hi Nicole, nice to meet you! Take a seat, get comfy. May I offer you something? Coffee or cookies?
Mmm cookies! I can't say no to cookies. Thanks!

Okay, you know why you’re here: People want to know everything about you. Let’s start with something simple:
You’re a paper crafter. When did you start and how did it happen?
I started back in 2007, right after i got married. I just had moved to the states (im from South Korea, born and raised) and i had to wait about 4 months before getting a job or anything becuase i had to wait for my green card to be issued. So i thought about what i should do to make myself entertained, and i decided to work on my wedding album. I was brand new to paper crafting so i researched a lot, got some papers, stamps, and a die cut machine and went to work! And that's how i got started.

What kind of projects are your favorite? And why?
I love making cards more than anything. It is easy and takes less time than working on a layout (in my opinion) and i love sending handmade cards to loved ones. I love the fact that you can touch someones heart with a simply made card.
  
Is there one technique that you use more often than others?
It varies time to time, depends on what i want to practice or want to experiment more. Sometimes i would use lots of ditress inks and focus on those or sometimes i would focus on coloring with Copics or colored pencils. Lately i have been doing lots of watercolor techniques.

If you look at other people’s projects: What amazes you and what makes you frown?
I love how some crafters can really stretch out their products and use them in ways that i cannot think of. Thinking outside of the box is something i struggle with at times and i admire those who are super creative with their materials.

I don't think theire is any projects that makes me frown, but photos that have bad lighting or focus makes it hard for me to see the true awesomness of the project. I love good photos!!

You’ve been paper crafting for quite a while. Is there a lesson you learned that you’d like to share with our readers?
Less is more!! And do not worry about rules! Follow what you feel when creating a project. There is no need to be hard on yourself to be perfect because everyone and anyone who receives your card would love it!

Let’s get to something personal. You live in Sacramento what’s your favorite spot there and why do you think people should visit this place?
Oh i love to go to Raku Sushi on West Sacramento. They make fresh sushi when you order and they have lots of variety. And if you like lots of it this is a perfect place since it is all you can eat!

What is a characteristic that describes you the best?
Bright, warm, and thoughtful should discribe me well :)

What else should people know about you? Any secret addictions? Obsessions? Fun stuff?
oh i am an obssed OCD person :) i love organizing and cant live without it! Is it crazy that i organize to feel better when i am sad or stressed? ;)

Thanks for the interview Nicole, I’m so glad and honored you joined our video-little team!
Thanks for having me! I am excited to get started!!


Now you got to know 4 kind ladies that are sure to blow your mind starting... next week - eek! How awesome is that?! I am so looking forward to watching their videos and learning from them!
If you would like them to share something special.. like a special technique or supply, don't hesitate to let us know!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment