Tuesday, December 9, 2014

More Than Bling

Hello Crafters!

Did you enjoy last week's release? I know I sure did. I LOVE seeing all the different ways crafters find to use the same sets. Makes my heart go pitter patter :)

I decided to use the Balance set again today. I truly can't get enough of this set. Those little images offer so much versatility!



I wanted something really colorful. Big shock I'm sure ;) I loved the idea of a giant pile of gems all sparkly and gorgeous. 

I used a post it not to mask the bottom of my pile. I then used Memento Tuxedo Black ink to stamp several gems at full strength. I then stamped several more in second and third generation. I did it without masking because I wanted the gems to have a transparent look and I needed the lines to guide my coloring. I colored with copics and then used a T-square ruler to draw a solid back line underneath the pile. I stamped out the sentiment and colored the outline letters too. I really wanted some fun colorful paper to go with it but I didn't have any that matched. Don't worry I made my own. Using copics, a copic multiliner and a ruler it was super simple. 

If you don't intend to make your gems transparent or if you're using lighter colors I would mask the gems. Those extra lines can make it look messy if you're not careful. Should you find your second genration lines are showing too much use a black pen to retrace the outlines that will be in the forefront. It helps draw the eye away from the light lines.  When making your own pattern paper make sure you wipe off the edge of your ruler in between dark and light colors. Yes, copics are permanent but the moisture from a lighter color can reactivate the darker color and leave you with weird streaks. 

These guys turned out so fun and colorful. I love the rainbow of gems in this stock pile :)
Thanks for visiting!!

XoXo
Kelly

White Cardstock
Copic Markers
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Ruler
Copic Multiliner 0.5
Stardust Stickles


3 comments:

  1. I really love this card, Kelly! Beautiful Copic coloring and your design is fabulous! I also love how you colored in the sentiment, and the border is amazing! Thanks so much for sharing your process as well as tips and tricks on how you created this card :)

    ReplyDelete