Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Guest Designer Jenn Shurkus - Part 3

Well, I hate this - but this is Jenn's last post as our guest already. Time flies (especially before Christmas, right?

Jenn has a great project to share with you again, it's bright and cheery and brings some warmth to this cold time of the year :)
The best thing about it - she has a step-by-step photo tutorial on her blog - so go and check it out (and SUBSCRIBE to her blog, cause she's amazing!)





Using stencils is so popular right now in all kinds of papercrafting projects. I wanted to share a fun way to use these stencils in a different way!







You start by using the stencil to spread the Texture paste through. 
Clean the stencil
Heat set the Texture paste
Position the stencil back in place over the texture paste and use it to sponge color just on the paste areas.
Clean the stencil
Start from the beginning
To see a photo tutorial visit my blog (use this link:http://shurk.us/create-smile3 )




Use a heavy weight cardstock to hold up to the Texture paste. I used Distress watercolor paper (my fave!)
Use painters tape to hold your cardstock and stencil in place. 
I chose to use Texture paste instead of embossing paste because I wanted my colors to be really vibrant and pop off the page. Texture paste works best when you will be inking. I also get a better result from Texture paste when I want to heat set it to speed up the process.
Be sure to clean your stencil in between each step. You don't want the Texture paste to dry on your stencil and you don't want any left over ink to be on the stencil and mix with other colors.

Thank you to Christine and Create a Smile for having me as a guest designer! I have had SO much fun playing with your stamps. I already placed another order and will be featuring them in my COOL-est Card Series in Januaury at shurkus.com!



Jenn, it was our pleasure to have you - we enjoyed all of your creations and your extremely professional work! You are amazing, thanks for being you!


2 comments:

  1. omg that Pac-man card is awesome!!!!! such a great release. love all the cards. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty, I adore the colors!

    ReplyDelete