Friday, December 12, 2014

Embellishments and Gesso and Color!

Hello again!!
Samantha here, and today I'm sharing a really FUN Christmas card that I made!
Actually, I kind of sort of really LOVE it!! :)




I have been super inspired by ways to incorporate mixed media elements into cards (and scrabooking!). Lately, I feel like I watch and learn from YouTube videos all day long! I just LOVE it! :)
So, I decided to try some mixed media-ness on a Christmas card, and see how it went! :)


First, I glued all of my embellishments down on my card base. This included wood veneers, sequins, enamel dots, tags, and yes, thread! :) Then, I covered it ALL in gesso, which made it white-ish. I LOOOOOVE it!! there is so much dimension and texture, but it's all monochromatic!


Next, I colored the radio from Perfect Tune with copics and popped it up onto the card. The whole card base panel was also raised over a strip of coordinating washi tape. The sentiment was heat embossed, and the banner portion of it was popped up too! :)


You definitely need gesso or some form of white paint to create this cohesive look. I also used washi tape, and as mentioned above, basically every embellishment out there except for the kitchen sink! ha ha!


This is such a versatile way to create a card!! You can used ANY color of embellishments, the white gesso makes it white! 
In this case, I used browns and reds to pop on my card, but you can use ANY color combination and change it up for ANY other occassion!
Example: Pinks and reds for Valentine's Day; orange and black for Halloween, etc! :) All you would need to do was use other sets or sentiments from Create a Smile stamps! :)


I really hope you try this technique! And if you do, PLEASE link up below in the comments, I really would LOVE to check it out!! 

Thanks again for stopping by! :D

3 comments: