Thursday, December 11, 2014

Monster Christmas

 Hi there!

Linda here with a funny little Christmas card that was so fun to make.






One of the things I love most is different to other people, in that I always enjoy seeing how different companies will make their advertisements become Christmassy. I have a background in Marketing, and always found advertising very interesting and fun, so I always have a giggle when I walk through shops, and see how they've made their ads look Christmassy (especially when the product is anything BUT Christmassy).

So I thought it might be funny to have a Christmas card, that looks cute, but slightly odd.


 I took some Tim Holtz watercolor paper and misted it with Dylusions spray ink, with the Wave of Stars stencil over top. I then stamped the spotty monster from Monster Party over the top (once the mist was dry) and I fussy cut him out.

I then misted another small piece using red mist, and another piece with Orange mist. I then stamped the Santa hat from Friends in the Woods, and the flag from the same Monster Party set, and fussy cut them out before adding them to the cardbase.

For a final touch, I added a hand-drawn border and some silver stickles to mimic snowflakes, and added my thickers sentiment.






 Even monsters love Christmas :)


By using mist, I was able to cover the monster in an interesting pattern, rather than just colouring him in, in the 'normal' way.


Thank you for stopping by! I'll see you again next week!
 

















No comments:

Post a Comment