Wednesday, November 9, 2016

((VIDEO)) Stencils and Watercolor Pencils

Hello crafty friends! It's Jess and today I have a simple set of cards and a video with a fun stencil technique using Big Hearts Polka and Just Because!








For today's cards I wanted to play with the new Big Hearts Polka stencil I had just received in the mail. As some of you may know I love to use a rainbow color scheme and I was thinking of ways I could add a rainbow of color through the stencil. I decided to play with my Inktense pencils for this set.






I started with some Ranger white watercolor cardstock because it is bright white and I knew the colors would pop off of it. Check out the video for more instructions.








Sometimes when you are playing with stencils it is best to simply embrace the mess. I knew I wasn't going to get a perfect look with this technique but by embracing the imperfect I was able to get a second fun look using all the left over ink on the stencil.


















You still have plenty of time to enter the Create a Smile challenge this month. The theme is HELLO! You could win a 15€ gift card!

1 comment:

  1. So pretty and cute! Rainbow colors always make me happy!

    ReplyDelete