Sunday, November 13, 2016

Add Stitching To Cards - Part 3

Hi everyone! How's your week been? Ok so today I don't have a card for you but something equally fun, Gift Tags or Pocket Tags! If you didn't know, Create A Smile has an awesome Pocket Tag die set which also includes floral dies and other accessories but today I'm only using the Pocket Die to make for Christmas! 



You can use any cardstock you like. But for today, I'm using a regular white and kraft cardstock. I started by getting all the die-cutting out of the way. 

The die has already created a dashed guide for you to fold. So, just close it like a book :) 


The great thing about the dashes being there, you don't have to poke the paper yourself! Saves a bunch of time. Just take your favourite thread/strings/floss/twine and start stitching. I've decided to create a gradient look, starting with the darkest thread. 


You can leave it as it is or cover your messy thread knots at the back with a paper. I die cut it twice, and used the smaller piece to cover my stitches. 


Before I close the tag, I wanted to add more colour. So out comes my distress ink :D Why not? 


To add some fun embellishment, I use the stickles. You can also use sequins, enamel dots, etc. 


So there you go, a simple christmas tag you can make for your friends and family! 










We R Memory Keepers Embroidery Floss
Distress Inks - Broken China & Picked Raspberry

Follow Create A Smile on Facebook keep yourself updates on all the happenings and if you're an Instagram addict like I am, you can follow Create A Smile using this name : @createasmilestamps ! :)



Thanks for stopping by,


No comments:

Post a Comment