Monday, November 7, 2016

Merry christmas.......

Hi there it's Anja with again another christmascard.







I really have to work on my christmascardstash and not only because it will be Christmas soon but also because I have so many great christmasstamps laying around waiting to get inked.
So for today's card I choosed a square cardbase and a simple design.






The cardbase is 12,5 x 12,5 cm white cardstock.
I first cut a square out of masking paper and diecut a circle in the middle.
For the background I placed the circle mask onto the cardbase and stamped the cling snowflake stamp several times. Heat embossed it with silver embossingpowder.
After this I adhered the negative part of the diecut masking paper and placed a circle diecut out of white cardstock in the middle. I diecutted the snowflake die out of the circle and stamped it with watermark ink and white heatembossed it.
Now with the maskingpaper on teh card I smooshed some distress ink on the circle.
The images were stamped with memento black ink and colored with copics and fuzzy cut leaving a small white outline.
I created a kind of hill out of vellum and silver heat embossed the sentiment.
Finally I rounded the corners of the card and ready was my christmascard.






Stamps;

Cling stamp; Snow Flurry


 Cool Buddies and Snowdance mini set



Cool cuts (dies);

Negative snowflake






If you have to build a christmascard stash and feel the pressure you can choose a easy carddesign and make a lot of similar cards. Today's card can easily be reproduced and will be different each time by using other images, another background or just leave it plain white and adhere some snowflakes over the circle etc. I think I will be using this design for some more christmascards.
Vellum is sometimes difficult to adhere to a card. Try to use images on your vellum and thus hide the adhesive. You can ofcourse use staples or brads. Or in this card I used a small strip of double sided tape behind the sentiment.
Since the stamps are clear stamps you can easily bend them in a desired position on your stampblock and they will go back in their Original form once placed back on their backing. On this card I did that with the merry Christmas sentiment.







We have a new challenge of the month, HELLO........please join in the fun.

Have a great week and see you next time,
Hugs Anja

No comments:

Post a Comment