Saturday, November 5, 2016

A Couple of Critters with Coffee

Hi there!
Samantha here and today I'm sharing a fun card, that I can pretty give to any of my friends! Lol!


     

I love the idea of the cats and dogs getting along, and what better common ground than...coffee grounds! Ha!


To make the card, you just need to set aside some time to color and enjoy yourself!

- stamp and color your images! I used Copic Markers here!
- on a piece of white cardstock for your card front, add some watercolor in the background! 
- I used Distress Inks and squished the colors onto an old piece of packaging! I spritzed the packaging with water and then smooshed that onto my card front! Love the transition of colors from purple to that coral-y orange!


- I popped up the critters with foam tape and then splattered the whole thing with blank ink!
- the sentiment was stamped on the bottom to ground the 'scene'!


I colored my cat grey...which would have been fine with me, if I didn't also color the coffee cup in grey-ish tones...oh well!! Next time, I'll be sure to choose a more contrasting color for the cat, or cup!! :)


I used the super cute Your View and Coffee First stamp sets! Love them! 

    

Did you know that you can get WAY more than just stamps and dies at the Create a Smile Stamps store? Oh yeah! There's paper, washi, flair, sequins and more!!!! 


~Samantha

   

No comments:

Post a Comment