Friday, August 19, 2016

Let's Party! (after coffee)

Hello again!
Samantha here with you again! And this time, I'm sharing a birthday card that I created in honor of Christine! Owner, Illustrator and AMAZING designer of our beloved Create a Smile Stamps!




     

Since I knew I was going to make a birthday card for Christine, I knew it had to be light on pink and heavy on coffee!! Ha!! :) So that's where this card started! And to be honest, I really CAN'T make a birthday card without those balloons! lol!! I'm so in love with them! 


So, let's get making!
- add some watercolor in light blue onto your card front
- all I did was colored directly on to my kraft mat, spritzed it with water, and then smooshed the card on top, ha! Easy!
- set aside to dry
- on watercolor paper stamp and color in the images! I used Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers and a waterbrush.
- once dry, fussy cut out and add foam/dimensional adhesive


- I drew the lines for the balloons with pen and a rule (they're SO not perfect, but that's life! Ha!)
- the sentiment was heat embossed in white onto black cardstock


Watercoloring images is a different process for everyone, for every medium! When I use my Zigs to watercolor, I use Strathmore Mixed Media Vellum Surface paper and NOT a lot of water!! That's different than when I use my Distress Markers! I usually use more water for those! So it's all trial and error, until you're comfortable!


I used a few older sets...a few of my FAVORITE older sets!! The balloons and phrase is from the Monster Party stamp set, and the cute coffee cup is from Coffee First

    

Next week is release week - and it's going to be AWESOME!!! Be sure to follow Create a Smile Stamps on Instagram to get some sneak peeks!! And happy belated birthday to Christine!! <3

~Samantha      

  

4 comments:

  1. Cute card. Love the simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Christine's birthday!!! This card is absolutely FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card! It's so colorful and reminds me of the Disney movie "UP". Happy Birthday Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely adorable & super cute card!

    ReplyDelete