Sunday, August 28, 2016

Stencils - Part 1

Hi everyone! If you don't already know, there's some new stuff on the site. Stop by the store and get your hands on some new stuff before it runs out.

Today, I'm starting a new three-part series, focusing on the use of Stencils. So let's get to it.




I wanted to do a card using vibrant colours as always but I thought I'd try a new (to me) colour scheme. Pastels! I started by putting down Distress Inks on my acetate sheet and squeeze some texture paste. I use a palette knife to mix the colours. If it's too vibrant, I'll add more texture paste and if it's way too light, I'll add a bit more ink. So, you can decide how strong you want your colours to be. 



I sprayed the stencil with a stencil spray. I couldn't find a temporary adhesive spray so I thought I'd give this a try. To be honest, I don't like it too much because it didn't stick too well. Or maybe I didn'T spray enough. I'll try again next week and let you know. 


I spread out my coloured texture paste in random parts making sure that the colours subtly mix. 


I've added some glitters and Glossy Accent to the sentiment to give it a nice shine and some water droplets like embellishments from Pretty Pink Posh. 










All Create A Smile products : 


Follow Create A Smile on Facebook keep yourself updates on all the happenings and if you're an Instagram addict like I am, you can follow Create A Smile using this name : @createasmilestamps ! :)

Thanks for stopping by,


No comments:

Post a Comment