Monday, October 5, 2015

Friends......

Hi Friends, hope you are alright!!!!! We just had the world card making day the past weekend so I guess you have been making cards? I did several and one of them I would like to share with you today.


 
 



Well,  sometimes you see a sketch and you know exactly how to use it. This happened to me when I saw the sketch over at the retrosketches blog. A perfect way to use one of the very first stampsets Friends in the Woods which is still one of my favorites.




I first layered the stamps onto my cardbase to figure out exactly how I wanted them. Did some stamping and masking and colored the images with copics.
I cut two panels from the patterned papers and placed them on the cardbase. White heat embossed the sentiment on vellum and to finish of the card I colored the chipboard with copics and placed some enamel dots.



Stamps;

Friends in the Woods and Balance.



Enamel dots;

Sending Sunshine



Chipboard;

Friends and Leaves.



Paper pack;

Sending Sunshine





In this card I white heat embossed the sentiment on vellum but to let it stand out more you can better use black embossingpowder or stamp it with black ink and clear embossingpowder.
When you get stuck sometimes and lack of mojo you should surf the net to find inspiration and use sketches.



Did you read about the fall break and more important about the discount to collect your favorite items? Hurry up.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a funny card! I had to think of the Bremen town musicians when I first saw it! But the combination with the wooden pattern is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete