Friday, October 9, 2015

Christmas Wishes Card!

Hello!
Samantha here, and today I'm sharing an (almost!!) one layer card - perfect for sending Christmas wishes to someone near or far!



This card started because I really wanted to do some Distress Ink blending! Do you ever start a card or project because of a technique you want to practice?


This card, was FUN to make, so let's get down to it! :)

- on a piece of watercolor paper, heat emboss the big and little snowflake images in your desired pattern.
- next, blend your desired Distress Inks. I used Peacock Feathers, Seedless Preserves, Worn Lipstick and Abandoned Coral.


- sprinkle little water droplets onto the background to create the soft look of snow.
- stamp the big 'wish' onto a separate piece of cardstock and fussy cut out
- stitch the sentiment to the watercolored piece and stamp the rest of the sentiment!


I used three different stamp sets for this card! Smiling Snowflakes, Your View and Make a Wish! I just LOVE combining non-Christmas themed stamps to create a holiday card!


I learned something new this past week, and just thought I'd pass it on! I have used distress ink blending many many times on cards. But I recently heard on a video that it's easier to blend on watercolor paper. I thought to myself, could this be true? And folks, the answer is YES! It's much easier to blend on watercolor paper than regular cardstock!! I may be super late to the game, and you're all thinking, "Duh, Sam", but in the event that I'm not the only one who missed that, I wanted to share! Ha!



Next week we're having an AWESOME release!!! Head on over to the special event page on Facebook to see the sneak peeks and for your chance to maybe even win something! Ha!

Thanks again for stopping by and spending some of your Friday with me!
~Samantha

    



4 comments:

  1. I love the gorgeous background you created, and love the stitched on die cut sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This background is just breath takingly beautiful! All those colors are so niceley blended and I the water drops really do create the look of snow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swoon, this colors are stunning! What a beautiful card! Really love it!

    ReplyDelete