Sunday, October 4, 2015

Using Inktense Pencils

Hey everyone! Marina here :) I think it was a month ago where I just bought the Inktense watercolour pencils. I'm so in love with them and I've been trying to find different ways to use it.  Create A Smile stamps has the perfect stamps but this technique and you'll see why :)




You can find so many ways to colour your images, here's one of them!

I wanted the lines of the flowers to have the same colour as it's insides. As I don't have that many ink pads to match my pencils, I stamped it with Antique Linen first (just because it's the lightest ink I have).


To make it look like I used a coloured ink (pink & purple), I took my pencil and trace out the image. This can be time consuming but I quite like doing this. You might not want to be too light-handed because when we add water to this, the line will fade if it's too light.


I took my waterbrush and just quickly run through the whole image. I'm basically moving the pigments from the lines to colour the image. If you spend too much time on one spot you might lose the lines.


I used Antique Linen to colour the background because I didn't like the stark white look for this card.


I wanted to layer the purple to match the flowers and this is an awesome way to do it without buying so many cardstock. I just "colour" on the sides of the paper and I used the waterbrush to pull the pigment of the lines as I did for the flowers :) 





Create A Smile Stamps - Time To Say Thanks
Create A Smile Stamps - Glück Ist
Derwent Inktense Pencils


I encourage you to experiment with your mediums. I can promise that you'll find so many ways to use the awesome products.


Follow Create A Smile on Facebook keep yourself updates on all the happenings and if you're an Instagram addict like I am, you can follow Create A Smile using this name : @createasmilestamps ! :)

Thanks for stopping by,


3 comments:

  1. Its beautiful! Thanks for the tutorial - I'm definitely going to try this technique asap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your make is a joy to see - thank you so much for showing us how you did it!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete