Friday, October 30, 2015

Let's Get Leafy!

Hello!
Samantha here again, and today I'm sharing on my favorite layouts that I've made in a while!


I used a lot of leaf images, and did a lot of watercolor - but it was all FUN!


I really had a hankering to create a layout with lots of pops of color! So that's what I did! Those various leaf images are just SOOOOOO gorgeous, and the duvet cover is a leafy pattern, so it worked for me! :)


To create a layout like this, you'll need watercolor paper, and scissors!! Ha!

- stamp each leaf image at least 3 times onto watercolor paper (you won't need all of leaves, but this lets you experiment with color, placement, etc!)


- watercolor with you preferred watercolor mediums. I used Distress Markers!
- set aside to dry; once dry, add more color and more water to create the 'water' look!
- once dry, fussy cut out and attach them to your background in the desired pattern (the background paper I chose was a little busy, so I used some white gesso to tone down the pattern in the center of the page!)


- using my sewing machine, I stitched over the entire 'pile' of leaves in a messy fashion
 - i added a few black and white leaves around the flair button, and added some light embellishing.


I used my favorite leafy set EVER: A Time to Say Thanks, as well as the beautiful Botanical Love stamp set!


I love to make scrapbook pages, in addition to cards! But if you strictly a card maker, you could adapt this to fit cards! And bonus: you don't need to color or cut as many leaves! Ha! I think a card with a bold sentiment nestled into a brilliant pile of leaves would be beautiful on a card! 



I just wanted to let everyone know, in case you get a little shipping-shy...the shipping rate all over the world is reasonable and LOW! It's so easy to order from Create a Smile, and if you ever have any questions, you can always refer here or email: info@createasmilestamps.com

Thanks again! :)
~Samantha





2 comments: