Tuesday, July 22, 2014

When is an Umbrella not an Umbrella?

Hello Crafters!

It's Kelly here bringing you a different take on our Comfy set. One of my favorite things to do is to take stamps I already own and find different ways to use them. Hence the title of this post, hehe, see what I did there?! ;)
Here is the whole set, which I adore but for today I decided to make three cards using just the umbrella and a few sentiments from Friends in the Woods. So let's get to answering this question: When is an umbrella NOT an umbrella?

Here we go

Super Simple:


When it is a flower! I stamped the umbrellas and trimmed off the post. I colored them with distress inks and drew stems with a ruler. In hindsight I kind of wish I had added some leaves but I'm pretty happy with how clean it is. The sentiment was a combo with some masking. I love that black stripe from Echo Park. Honestly, I have multiple packs of the dots and stripes just for this paper :) 

Middle of the Road:



Colorful border anyone? I love how the colors pop against the black stripe. I got a little dot happy with my black enamel but I felt like all that white space needed something to draw the eye. 

Kinda Busy:


Normally the kinda busy card is not my favorite but this time it is basically because I love butterflies :) They are just so happy you know? I trimmed off the top of the umbrella so the wings would be more separated and then used part of the branch from Friends in the Woods to create the body. A couple of dots with the white gel pen and BAM butterfly :) 

Do you see other ways to  use this stamp? Please share with me! I love to find new ways to use them and I hope I helped you to see them in a different light too! After all we are all here to inspire one another <3 

I also wanted to let you know that we are doing a special blog hop for the August release. One where you get to pick what type of cards you want to see! Head over to our Facebook page and throw your ideas in the hat. If your idea gets picked you get 10% your order! How cool is that?! 

Thanks for stopping by! 

XoXo

Kelly 





5 comments:

  1. I love your creations!
    The cards are really creative and so much fun. Thanks for that =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever! Love all your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to think outside the box! Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl you are a freaking GENIUS!!! Those butterflies are the coolest thing EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete