Friday, July 18, 2014

Distress Markers + Mists = a Colorful Card

Hello!

Samantha here, and I'm super excited to be sharing my very FIRST post on the Create A Smile blog today!!

I have had the pleasure of stalking following Christine's blog for a while...and I am constantly BLOWN away by her talent, creative eye, coloring skills and about a million other amazing talents that girl has! And I was SO SO SO surprised and humbled and STOKED when she asked me to be part of this incredible team!

A little bit about my card style, so you and I can get acquainted like we're on a first date!
I LOVE bold colors! I LOVE lots of white space!
I'm currently addicted to embossing paste, vellum, and sewing on my projects!
Sometimes you'll see a scrapbook layout from me, but if that's not your thing...well, I mostly do cards, so we can still be friends! :D

Ok, only the reason you're here: my card!


I decided to combine both of the new releases: Comfy and Friends in the Woods!

Do you love it?
I hope so!

I colored the images with distress markers onto watercolor paper, then cut them out and popped them up on that grey, polka-dotted banner.
I stamped the sentiment onto a vellum piece then stitched it all onto the misted background.


And don't you just LOVE that background? super fun aqua/mint color! My favorite!

So that card is pretty much me in a nutshell!
Have you ordered the new, inaugural release stamp sets yet? No?! Well what are you waiting for?
They're CUTE. They're HIGH QUALITY and they're so so so so FUN to play with!

Thanks for stopping by!
Catch you next Friday!
~Samantha

1 comment: