Friday, October 2, 2015

A Fire Truck Birthday

Hello!
Samantha here, and today I'm sharing a cute as can be birthday card for a good friend's son!



My friend's son is just totally in love with fire trucks right now! So it was a no brainer to create a card that's just as fun as he is, with a fire truck!!


This is really a FUN card to make, and it doesn't much time - bonus!

- stamp and watercolor the fire truck image with your favorite watercoloring medium
- on a piece of patterned paper, mist the background with a light blue (I thought this would represent water, like it was coming out of a hose! ha!)


- I chose the originally neutral background with the ABC letters since it is for a 5th birthday! I love the whimsy it adds!
- cut out the fire truck, and adhere with foam tape over some road-like washi tape!
- stamp the sentiment on a vellum banner and adhere!


I used one of my favorite sets ever - Whimsical Wheels! I just LOVE the cute trucks! I also used the AWESOME 29 Again stamp set to create the sentiment! Those sketchy numbers are just so cool!!


There isn't really any specific trips to make this card easier! Ha! But if you wanted to make it a one layer, and easy to send in the mail, you could totally do that! Either stamp directly onto a patterned paper cardstock, and be prepared for the colors not to blend well (also - light light light in the water department!) when you color your image. Then you can mask off the image and spray with the mist and then stamp your sentiment directly onto the background! You could also just use watercolor paper as your card base! 

    

Did you know that there is a sale going on at Create a Smile this week? Oh yeah - be sure to head over to get your favorite sets at a discount!


Thanks again! :)
~Samantha

   

3 comments:

  1. Hey, this fire truck birthday card is really pretty. I would love to give it a try for my nephew’s birthday. We are going to organize a grand fire truck party at an exotic event space San Francisco. We will invite all his kindergarten friends to this party.

    ReplyDelete