Friday, April 20, 2018

You Mean the World to Me Card

Hi there!
Samantha here, and today I'm sharing a bright, happy card for someone you love and appreciate!



     

When I saw the sentiment 'you mean the world to me, I just had to make a heartshaped world to go with it!


Let's make this card together!

- I used a heart die cut that was on my desk, and free hand sketched some 'countries' to resemble the world! I used Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers! It was so fun! And the best part is, it didn't have to be perfect! You eye automatically recognizes it as the 'world'! 
- set aside to dry
- heat emboss the big 'you' in black, onto vellum and then fussy cut out
- heat emboss the remaining part of the sentiment in white onto a black strip of cardstock




- on the card front, use white embossing paste and the stencil to create the background

- clean the stencil and dry it
- once the stencil and the paste are dry, put the stencil back on the card front, directly over where you had just added the paste
- add color with gelatos and Distress Crayons! yay for rainbows! yay for the pop of color!
- adhere your card together and pop up the banner part of the sentiment with foam tape



I could have left the embossing paste white and the card would have had a more classic, modern look. And you know I do LOVE some white embossing paste on white cardstock - the texture is awesome! But this time, I just had to add a rainbow! Lol!


I used the amazingly versatile All About You stamp set and paired it with the super fun Focal Point Stencil

    

Did you know there are many many stamps and other products marked down up to 30% off? YES!! Head over to the Create a Smile Stamps shop here and check everything out


~Samantha



  

No comments:

Post a Comment