Friday, April 13, 2018

Sending You Crokisses!

Hi there!
Samantha here today, sharing a rainbow floral card with you!



     

I love flower stamps! And honestly, I have a friend who lost a dog recently, and I wanted to send her some love.


Let's make this card together!

- on a piece of white cardstock, I added some rainbow watercoloring with Distress Inks
- I squished the colors from the ink pads onto my Kraft Mat, spritzed with water and then pressed my cardstock on top of it!
- let it dry and do this again! I did this three times to build up the watercolor layers!
- once the final layer of watercolor is dry, stamp your image multiple times in each 'color family' until you're happy with the number of images!


- fussy cut out and set aside
- using a piece o dark grey cardstock, add some Black Soot Distress Ink to the top edge and splatter on some black archival ink
- add the flowers to the bottom of the card (adding foam tape to a few of the images)
- heat emboss the sentiment


Guys, I **know** that I can't color flowers like some of the amazing designers out there! Some ladies are just INCREDIBLY talented and can bring flower images to LIFE! But even though I can't color like that, it doesn't stop me from enjoying those types of stamps!!! I just find other ways to add colors to those imags that I'm happy with! That's why I created this card! 


This card was created with the gorgeous Crokisses stamp set! LOVE how beautiful those flowers are! (And they're so easy to customize!)

    

There are so many fun challenges going on - check out the Create a Smile Friends and Family Facebook group for all of the details and fun!


~Samantha


1 comment:

  1. I love how you do NOT aim for life-like coloring of the flowers! I remember you using this stamp set before, paper-piercing in muted colors. Both times, your cards were AWESOME and made me want to try your technique immediately! So imho it's quite fortunate you (think you) can't color flowers ;-)

    ReplyDelete