Monday, April 25, 2016

Thanks a million

Hi there it's Anja again with some more inspiration for you this week.


 
 


Don't you just love the new release? So many different possibilities to use all those great supplies.
For today's card I would like to focuse on those great flowers and the thanks die.
I incorporated different techniques for this card.
 




I started with a panel from watercolor paper and smooched three different distress ink colors on this paper to create a light background for my card. The flowers are masked and stamped onto some vellum using watermark ink and white heat embossing. I colored the flowers with copics at the back of the vellum so the copics wouldn't interfere with the embossing.
I diecut the word thanks and stamped it slightly offset so you see a little white outline. I stamped with a striped background stamp onto the thanks stamp thus creating the line pattern , saw this technique over at Jennifer mcquire's blog.

I adhered the vellum panel with some doublesided tape behind the flowers. Used some sequins to finish the card.

 


You can easily color with copics onto vellum when you use the backside of the stamped images. You won't get your usual blending but it gives a pretty nice effect. When you color at the backside of the vellum you won't get any interference with the embossed images and you won't ruin your copics.
There is an easy way to use diecuts with coordinating stamps. First stamp your image. Diecut your die from some scrap paper and use the negative diecut to place over the stamped image thus positioning your die to diecut. you will get a nice stamped diecut this way. In the example from today I first diecut the word thanks and then stamped it. You can see I didn't do a great job but I like the way it turned out slightly offset.







We still want to see all the things you make with our supplies so please link up your projects or join our facebook group. Have a great week; Anja

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty card! I like this stamp set too. I went to Hawaii with my family in 1980 so I know these flowers well.

    ReplyDelete