Sunday, April 10, 2016

Life Happens

Hello Crafters! 

It's Kelly here and I'm bringing you a scene card that basically depicts my life right now. :) 


While I can relate to this card immensely at the moment I actually created with a friend in mind. Happy mail can do a ton to brighten someone's day so I wanted her to know I was thinking of her. I thought using the cute birdie from Lovely Critters would bring a little something extra with his cute heart beak and feet. 

I started by stamping down by bird and then the umbrella. Before I stamped the umbrella I used a baby wipe to take off the handle so I could extend it on my card with a pen. I then stamped the first cloud, masked it and stamped the other two. Again, before I stamped the second and third clouds I used a baby wipe to remove the ink from the rain drops making them just simple clouds. I used my Copic markers to color them in, adding little C shapes to give the appearance of fluffiness. i drew in a few tear/rain drop shapes below the one included in the stamp to fill in the space and bring the design together. 


I colored the bird and umbrella with Copic markers as well.With the bird I was careful not to over blend my colors so he would have some texture. I'm not sure that texture is feathers but it's texture nonetheless haha! The umbrella was shaded so there would be a highlight in the middle section of each panel, this helps create roundness in the umbrella.A dark shadow on the underneath the top portion of the umbrella also adds to the illusion of being "popped up." I used my white gel pen to add some polka dots to both the umbrella and the bird. I created a puddle underneath him to ground him and coated it with cleat Wink of Stella. I also added a little bit of shimmer to the top portion of the umbrella, where the "water" would be hitting it. 

Please, do yourself a favor and never accept stamps they way they are. Use your creativity to see how you can change them. It doesn't have to be anything crazy. Even wiping the raindrops and the handle off the umbrella allowed me to subtly change them and get a different look :) 

 If you haven't seen we have a new place to share all things Create A Smile. We have a new Friends and Family Facebook page!  If you haven't joined us yet we'd love it if you would and don't forget to share your beautiful creations so we can all ooh and ahh over them :) 

Supplies:



3 comments:

  1. Kelly, this is AMAZING!! Absolutely, LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial and card. I like how you clouds came out, fluffiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a darling card! I love it.

    ReplyDelete