Friday, April 1, 2016

You Make My Heart Happy

Hello friends! Angel here to share a sweet and simple watercolor card using distress inks and embossing powder. 


I love distress inks. They are one of my absolute favorite mediums to use. I am constantly amazed at all they can do and how beautiful they can make a card look. I knew I wanted the colors red, black and white. At first, I thought the hearts had to be red but I'm glad I used the white. 


I used distress watercolor card stock to apply the Candied Apple distress ink across the paper. I let the ink and water have a mind of it's on and go where it wanted. Once I liked how it looked, I used my heat tool to dry it completely. I stamped three different hearts from the Color Your Heart Out stamp set using Versamark ink. I masked a few of the hearts to look as though they were behind others. The white embossing powder makes the hearts pop right off the card. The sentiments are also stamped in Versamark ink on black card stock also using white embossing powder. I cut the panel slightly smaller than the card and placed it on black card stock. I created faux stitching lines along the top and bottom to finish off the card. 



Try using any bold color distress ink with white embossing powder to help it pop off your paper. I promise you won't be disappointed! 

Thanks for stopping by today.

Angel 

No comments:

Post a Comment