Saturday, April 23, 2016

Mood Board Inspiration!

Hey stampers, Anni here!
It has been a great release last week, hasn't it? Did you get something from the new release and are you already playing with it?
The hippo from the new set Served Up!/Es ist serviert! called my name so I decided to make a card with it.






Do you know Create a Smile has a Facebook group? It is so much fun and a lot of nice and supportive people! At the moment there is a challenge going on with prizes! Christine created a mood board for the challenge and it is very inspiring.


There are so many inspiring details - the colors, the sequins, the twine, the pattern... In the end I decided to go with the colors and the water color effect.




  • Stamp, color with copics and fuzzy cut the image.
  • Create a watercolor background. I used Ken Oliver's color burst.
  • Die cut a rectangle from this background.
  • Emboss the sentiment in white on a piece of matching cardstock.
  • Add a scrap of oatterned paper.
  • Assemble the card.




  • Did you see I used a little cup from the set Coffee first? It fits perfectly on the tablet of the hippo.
  • When I first started the card I had a totally sketch in my mind. I liked the idea very much but it didn't work out. I moved things around, changed the paper, but anything seemed to make me happy. It took me a long time! At the end I changed the whole card, just went with the hippo and the card came together easily and in no time. Sometimes you just have to let go an idea that seemed good at the beginning!
  • Mood boards can be overwhelming at first! just decide to go with two or three elements and start from there!






I hope you will join the fun in the Create a Smile Friends and Family!




 



3 comments:

  1. So fun!!!!! I'm going to post this over on the Coffee Loving Papercrafters FB page :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute....I love those colors, can't wait to use them.

    ReplyDelete