Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Happy Mail Collage

Hello Crafters! 

Before we get to today's card I 'm a bit sad to share that this will be my last post as a full member of the design team. My schedule is ridiculous and I just can't do these adorable stamps justice with my time constraints. However, I'm only  a bit sad because I'm moving over to the video team so I won't be completely gone :) I love Christine and the girls far too much to just leave! 

Now onto those adorable stamps we were talking about . . .


I spent the most wonderful weekend away with my girlfriends. While we there stamping and crafting I accidentally stole one of my friend's stamp sets! Eep!  
Since I stole her stamps I clearly needed to send them back to her but I couldn't do that without including a super cute card now could I? The Happy Mail set is perfect for this! I used every stamp in the set to create a collage on my card. 

I started by stamping and masking all the images onto my card base. I then used a very light hand and rubbed on some Salty Ocean distress ink. I laid down my swirly stencil and added more distress ink. This helps the design to be a bit more subtle. 


I removed all the masks and colored the images up with my copics. I used grays to create white objects and blues similar to my background color this really let's the red POP and I love that :) I stamped the sentiment and outlined the top with a white gel pen to set it apart from the rest of the images. Some sparkle on the hearts finished it off. 

Try a tone on tone look for some interest that isn't over bearing. To make one color pop keep the rest of your color subtle and similar. 


Thanks so much for joining me! 

Supplies: 





4 comments:

  1. If anything happens and if the mail is ever discontinued I will be very sad since I make cards that are meant to be mailed. This is why I do what I do. I love this card! It's beautiful and cute all at the same time. Thanks for letting us see your creation!

    ReplyDelete