Thursday, April 21, 2016

Thanks For Being Awesome

Hello friends! Angel here again to share a card using a new stamp set and an older stencil set! I love that all of the products can be used together to create beautiful designs. 

I have not used stencils in a long time and felt the urge to do so. I went to my stash and found the one that jumped out at me. Not literally. That would have just been weird, right? Anyways.... I created the card around the stars and used that as my focal point. 


I started out with a piece of smooth white card stock and a foam blending tool. I placed the stencil over the top of the card stock and very carefully applied a grey ink from my stash on to the paper. I love the pop of white that the stars create. I then used a thanks stamp from the new Mini Thanks set inside a few of the stars. I cut out of the stars and popped it up on foam squares. I used the "for being awesome" sentiment from the same set and stamped it using orange ink from my stash. I cut the card base slightly smaller on the left side and adhered a piece of orange card stock to bring out the orange on the card. I adhered the card base to an 8-1/2 x 11 piece of white card stock and then sprinkled some orange and sparkling clear sequins across the card. 


Pull out something that you haven't used in a while to get some use out of it! I forgot how much I love stencils and the way it looks on a card. You can use dye inks instead of the normal distress inks. They work just as great!

You can find all products in the online store here. There are so many amazing things to choose from. I hope you like what I created for you today! Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!


Angel 

2 comments:

  1. I just bought some stencils and I have some that I got from HSN a few years ago. I love to use them! I don't know if I have stars though but I might. I do have sequins and a thanks stamp. I want to try this card! Will let you know if I do it and how it looks.

    ReplyDelete