Friday, October 13, 2017

Hello My Deer Friend!

Hi there!
Samantha here, and today I've made for you a card with a pun - my favorite!! Ha! :) 




     

I love using Christmas sets on non-holiday themed cards! So I combined two stamp sets to create a cute, everyday pun! Ha!


So let's get to creating!

- stamp and color your deer image (I used Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and then fussy cut it out!)
- heat emboss the sentiment onto a strip of black cardstock
- to create the background, pick a stencil and some ink colors


- I used Distress Inks (Peacock Feathers and Blueprint Sketch); first use those colros to blend a light color onto the cardstock

- then place the stencil down and do the same blending, pressing a little harder with your blending tool!
- then sprinkle some water on top! LOVE that look!
add foam tape to your image and sentiment strip and attach! 


A few color choice changes on the background and for the reindeer's shirt, and you could customize this card design to anyone, male or female! :)


I created the background with the Diagonal Grid Stencil! Love the geometric look!  The sentiment comes from the super versatile Just Saying Hello stamp set! And the ADORABLE little reindeer was re-purposed from the Snow Dance mini Christmas set!

    

For a limited time, there are some of my FAVORITE stamp sets on sale - check them out here!!! 

~Samantha


  



1 comment: