Sunday, September 17, 2017

Alphabet Window

I love having various shapes of dies to make a window panel for my cards but you can also use those alphabet dies as windows. Today, I'm sharing you a card I've made using that technique. 


First step is is to die-cut the word "Happy". I'm not very good with straight lines and I couldn't find my T-squared ruler so I used my score board to lightly score a line. That helps me to position my dies in a straight line. 

After die-cutting, I used a pencil to lightly trace out the letters on the card base so that it will give me a guide as to where I should stamp the flowers. I am a fan of a loose watercolor look, that's why I've added those colours outside the letters and I think it also helps to bring out the shape of the alphabets even more. 

A gold "birthday" die-cut seems like a pretty obvious choice for someone like me who likes to add gold accent to a card ;) 





Prima Watercolours
Archival Black Ink



Follow Create A Smile on Facebook keep yourself updates on all the happenings and if you're an Instagram addict like I am, you can follow Create A Smile using this name : @createasmilestamps ! :)



Thanks for stopping by,




3 comments: