These are the time where a lot of people get a flu or somehing like this! So today I have a Get Well card for you.
I wanted to make a Get Well card and I wanted to use the sweet pig from the Lovely Critters set. So I took a look at the set Doctor's Helpers to see which accesoires I could use for the pig. I used the doctor's bag, the patch and the hat of the mouse.
- Stamp, color using Copics and fuzzy cut the pig.
- For the card panel choose a piece of Kraft cardstock. Stamp the patch in white pigment ink.
- Stamp and heat emboss the sentiment on a banner. Cut another two stripes of paper in different colors.
- Die cut a circle from vellum.
- Assemble the card. Add a banner for the pig to sit on. Add some faux stitching.
- To add more intrest to the background frame the patches with a warm grey Copic marker. This is a trick I learned from Christine and I really love the effect.
- I always have troubles chosing the colors for a pig. I don't want it to get too pink. So on this one I choose a subtle violett for the shadows. I think this worked out well.
- To place the doctor's bag in the "hands" of the pig I did some masking. You just need a mask for the "hands" and then the bag fits perfectly in the space.
Some of the cute stamps from Create a Smile won't be restocked! They are on sale right now - go and grab them, it will be your last chance!