Friday, September 5, 2014

Watercoloring Over Stencils - Why Not?

Hello!
It's Samantha here again, and I am just LOVING this collaboration with Wycinanka that we are doing this month! I really LOVE learning about new companies and brands! So exciting!


For my card today, I used this AWESOME stencil! I seriously love it! It's so versatile, and super whimsical, which I love! :)


Stencils are totally hot right now, and I love them just as much as the next person! So I decided to try something new (to me!). I watercolored around the stencil! Yep!
I used some distress inks (Peacock Feathers and Broken China), water and a BIG brush and carefully worked the color along the stencil! I even like the little 'leaks' where the watercoloring seaped under the stencil in some places! it makes it feel more watercolor-y! :)


That little fox was also watercolored, but I used distress markers and popped him up in that lovely field of vellum grass! He's still one of my favorite images, from the Friends in the Woods stamp set! :)

So that's my card!
What's a fun way you use stencils? I would LOVE to know!
Check out the Wycinanka shop and get yourself lots of goodies! Then come back and enter a card in the current October Guest Designer search!!


Thanks for stopping by, have an awesome weekend!
~Samantha

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this is such a lovely card! I really like it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesss don't you love that stencil? Great way to use watercoloring on it. Your card looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you've done with the stencil...what an awesome card.

    ReplyDelete